Beyond Pumpkin Pie: Thanksgiving Dessert RecipesPosted 11/14/2016
Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means friends, family and food! Pumpkin pie is the sweet treat that’s traditionally associated with this holiday. But, did you know there are plenty of desserts that are just as delicious as they are pretty – and perfect for satisfying the pumpkin-avoiders in your crowd? Put the piecrust away, and check out some of these amazing desserts that are sure to be the talk of the table.
Taste of New Orleans
Nothing screams “holidays” more than the taste of cinnamon. Impress your guests with this indulgent Louisiana Bread Pudding. Serve it warm with a scoop of ice cream, and watch everybody’s taste buds dance. People will surely be asking you for the recipe.
Gobble! Gobble! Round up the kids and make these adorable Mini Turkey Cookies. Not only are these cookies a cute and festive treat, they’re also a great way to preoccupy the kids and make memories.
Did Somebody Say Gluten-Free?
Gluten-free lifestyles are very common, and it’s a good idea to serve a dessert that everyone can enjoy. Your gluten-loving guests won’t even notice it’s missing. Check out this easy recipe for a scrumptious Gluten-Free Pecan Pie Bundt Cake with Pecan Crumble and Praline Frosting.
Marshmallow sweet potatoes are a classic holiday dish. Give the traditional dish a twist and turn it into a dessert! These yummy Sweet Potato-Marshmallow Mini Cupcakes will be a hit.
Grown Up Table Only
Did you know that shot glasses can be used as mini parfait cups? Well, mini bourbon parfaits. Skip the traditional pecan pie, and make these easy Adult No-Bake Bourbon Pecan Pie Cheesecake Parfaits. Your guests will be scraping the bottom of the shot glass and asking for another round.
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.