Backyard Entertaining TipsPosted 11/05/2014
Now that Arizona temperatures are cooling down, it’s time to spice up your social calendar and move things outside, to your backyard oasis! Your outdoor living space should be more than just another lawn, it should be an extension of your home and another venue for entertaining.
Whether it’s an afternoon barbeque, casual Sunday brunch or late-night movie under the stars, the possibilities for backyard entertaining are limitless. So why not take full advantage of the wondrous fall weather and invite your friends and family to enjoy it with you? Here are a few, easy ways to amp up your backyard space and create the ultimate space for entertaining:
Fire up the Grill
When you’re entertaining outside, it’s the perfect time to start up the grill! Before you reach for the juicy steak in the fridge however, try mixing things up with a few peaches or avocados instead. Here are 18 things you didn’t know you could grill, and that may pleasantly surprise you and your friends.
Host a Backyard Movie Night
Grab some blankets, pillows and a light-colored bed sheet for a DIY outdoor movie night. Simply hang the sheet from a gate, wall or trees to create a flat screen surface and project your favorite movie onto the canvas. All you have to do now is grab some popcorn and you’re ready for Lights, camera, action!
We Want S’mores
S’mores are a classic outdoor sweet treat. But if you don’t have a fire pit or campfire to roast them with, a little inventiveness can come in handy. Here is an easy recipe for S’mores dip. It has all the same ingredients, just in a different form. Serve the dip with a side of graham cracker pieces, and watch it disappear.
Everyone enjoys a little fancy every now and again. Why not host your own wine tasting? Grab a couple bottles of your favorite pinots and cabs, or have each guest bring their own bottle to share. Cover the labels, create printable wine tasting notecards, and rank your favorites! On the side, serve with assorted cheeses, breads and other hors d’oeuvres.
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern