Back-to-School Lunch IdeasPosted 08/17/2016
Now that August is in full swing and fall approaches, most schools are back in session. That means the kiddos are gathering their supplies, picking out their outfits and filling their backpacks, waiting to greet their friends and make new ones in this new school year.
Start this school year on a creative note, with lunches that are not only tasty and kid-friendly, but also healthy and nutritious. (We promise, we won’t tell.) We’ve gathered a list of some of our favorites. Take a look:
Skip the Sandwich
Traditional PB&Js are a thing of the past. Switch it up and surprise the kiddos with lunchtime variations, like flatbreads and wraps, that aren’t your typical sandwich. Try this Rotisserie Chicken Club Wrap or fun, portable Hot Dog Wrap for the picky eaters in the family. Or try a creative, portable take on pizza with this Pizza Quesadilla. For another untraditional take on a classic lunch, try these Grilled Cheese Roll Ups and serve with a side of tomato soup for dipping!
Build Your Own
Store-bought lunch packs can get expensive, and most are packed with excess sodium and sugar. So why not make your own? Enlist the kids and make a day of it! This ham, cheese and cracker-variation will be a hit with the kids. Use cupcake wrappers to compartmentalize each item, just like the store-bought packs. The sky is the limit with different alternatives, from build-your-own pizza to mini pancake dunkers!
On the Sweet Side
Just like a trusty sidekick, a lunch is only as great as its sides, and more specifically, its dessert. Add a sweet treat to their lunch with unique and healthy snacks that your little ones won’t even know are healthy! Like Nutella & Banana “Sushi,” Chocolate-Dipped Mandarin Slices or Avocado Brownies.
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring