More Adults Moving Back HomePosted 05/28/2014
The after-effects of the Great Recession continue to shape household formation — not only changing the way people live but impacting the housing market, as well.
As many as 1.2 million more young adults aged 25-34 live with their parents than just eight years ago, according to researchers who say the trend is a result of adults boomeranging back into their parents’ houses for credit- and job-related reasons.
This rising trend hasn’t gone unnoticed by home builders, who have responded to buyers’ demands for floor plans designed for multiple generations coexisting under one roof. Modern home designs – such as those in Maracay Homes’ Signature, Marquis, Hallmark, Imperial and Paragon collections — provide more private areas for independent living, including flex spaces and separate casitas to accommodate a wide variety of living situations. Some multi-generational layouts even offer two master suites or a family room that can be converted into a bedroom and bathroom.
Maracay Homes, an industry leader in the multi-generational housing movement, offers buyers the opportunity to take advantage of this trend in communities throughout central and southern Arizona. Check out these new Maracay Homes neighborhoods either in person or online at: The Preserve at Hastings Farms in Queen Creek; Kinetic Point at Eastmark and Lumiere Garden at Eastmark in Mesa; Trestle Place at Bridges at Gilbert in Gilbert; and Deseo at Sabino Canyon, Rancho del Cobre and Tortolita Vistas, all in Tucson.
- Summer Essentials to Transform your Home into a Staycation
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona