More Adults Moving Back HomePosted 05/28/2014
The after-effects of the Great Recession continue to shape household formation — not only changing the way people live but impacting the housing market, as well.
As many as 1.2 million more young adults aged 25-34 live with their parents than just eight years ago, according to researchers who say the trend is a result of adults boomeranging back into their parents’ houses for credit- and job-related reasons.
This rising trend hasn’t gone unnoticed by home builders, who have responded to buyers’ demands for floor plans designed for multiple generations coexisting under one roof. Modern home designs – such as those in Maracay Homes’ Signature, Marquis, Hallmark, Imperial and Paragon collections — provide more private areas for independent living, including flex spaces and separate casitas to accommodate a wide variety of living situations. Some multi-generational layouts even offer two master suites or a family room that can be converted into a bedroom and bathroom.
Maracay Homes, an industry leader in the multi-generational housing movement, offers buyers the opportunity to take advantage of this trend in communities throughout central and southern Arizona. Check out these new Maracay Homes neighborhoods either in person or online at: The Preserve at Hastings Farms in Queen Creek; Kinetic Point at Eastmark and Lumiere Garden at Eastmark in Mesa; Trestle Place at Bridges at Gilbert in Gilbert; and Deseo at Sabino Canyon, Rancho del Cobre and Tortolita Vistas, all in Tucson.
- Move Now or Build To Suit? Which New Home Opportunity Is Right for You?
- Outdoor Living Designed to Match Your Personality.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.