A Look into the Design FuturePosted 01/02/2013
Now that 2012 is over, it’s time to look to 2013 for interior design inspiration. Whether you’re in need of a slight refresher or a dramatic overhaul, updating your home’s appearance can be as simple as incorporating one or more of the below trends.
The year 2012 turned the focus on outdoor living spaces, the color orange and designer home goods. This year, if you want to your house to look like a home in a design magazine, be sure to incorporate the following trends in to your scheme.
Metals can be added to rooms in a multitude of ways, whether it’s metallic fabric or shiny paint. One metal that is set to be trendy in 2013 is brass and it will certainly brighten up the room with a warm hue. Use it to add an elegant feel to any indoor or outdoor room, whether the style is modern or vintage.
Petite Pocket Offices
Need a place to work but don’t have sufficient space to build an entire office? Pocket offices, which are small workspaces built into alcoves and closets, will be in high demand. These mini-offices can be functional anywhere in the house, whether it’s in the kitchen’s walk-in pantry or in a roomy hall closet.
There are many colors that will be on point for design trends in 2013. The most-used one likely will be Pantone’s 2013 Color of the Year: emerald. The rich shade can be seen everywhere from wall paint to fabric and will complement the other trendy colors of red and blues. Red will be a power color for accents in neutral rooms, while blues, such as navy, will be used as neutrals instead of black.
What trends are you most excited to try in your home in 2013?
- The Importance of Owning a LEED® Certified Home
- Meticulously Modern Housing Trends Inspired by Avance
- Father’s Day Fun Around the Valley
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.