3 Earth-Loving Features in Maracay HomesPosted 04/19/2016
Earth Day is April 22 — the perfect time to share our dedication to utilizing sustainable building practices. From the way we develop land to the many green features incorporated in every Maracay home, we are always thinking of ways to make sure we are conserving, preserving and being smart for our communities, our homeowners and our planet. After all, we want our planet and our homes to be enjoyed for many, many more years to come.
Here are a few of the features you’ll find in a Maracay home that have you, the planet, and your wallet in mind:
- Living Smart Program: Our Living Smart Program is designed with four core components that not only foster healthy living and use sustainable resources, but help to lower your energy and water bills. We put in place many energy-saving tactics for your indoor and outdoor living. This includes smart planning around your landscape design and indoor water features like low-flow toilets, all of which contribute to saving many gallons of water for our planet and money in your wallet. Learn more about each of the four components by clicking here.
- HERS Ratings: The Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Index is how the industry measures a home’s energy efficiency. Homes are rated on a scale of 0-150, with a lower score being more energy-efficient. The typical home averages a HERS Rating of 130, while a Maracay home has an average score between 50 and 70 on the HERS Index. All Maracay homes come standard with advanced programmable thermostats, solar-ready wiring, special window vinyl to reduce heat and UV rays, and 100 percent fluorescent lighting. Adding optional energy-saving features can improve a home’s HERS Rating even more. We’re committed to smart building and we want you to be a part of the process every step of the way. To see the full list of features, click here.
- Energy Star: We build our new homes to be ENERGY STAR certified, meaning more energy-efficient operations to save owners money while conserving natural resources. How? Energy Star-qualified homes use substantially less energy than standard homes for heating, cooling, and hot water heating. Owners of an Energy Star-certified home can expect to save $200-$400 annually on their utility bills.
Interested in learning more about Maracay Homes? We invite you to visit our website to learn more about our Living Smart Program and the energy-efficient options you have with Maracay Homes. We also encourage you to browse our current inventory of move-in ready homes that are all Energy Star certified.
- Maracay Brings Alexa-Integrated Living into Thoughtfully Designed Homes
- Less clutter, more style: modern storage ideas for spring
- Learn all about Avance with our New Home Advisors
- Get to Know Deseo with Our New Home Advisors
- Green Living Tips for Earth Month
- Celebrating Earth Month in Arizona
- What’s cooking in your kitchen? The latest design trends.
- Last Chance to Experience Life at Center Pointe Vistoso in Tucson
- Bricks, brunches and brainstorms: The Warehouse District in Downtown Phoenix
- Spruce Up Your Space for Spring