2015 Kitchen Design TrendsPosted 12/17/2014
For many households, the kitchen is the heart of the home. It’s the meeting spot after a busy day, where memories are made over shared meals, and somehow, the place where every party ends up. Thus when it comes to keeping home design on trend, the kitchen is a great place to invest a little time to make sure the space is both fun and functional. After all, it will be sure to be put to great use.
With 2015 on the horizon, design experts are sharing their forecasts and foresight on the hot trends ahead. When it comes to one of everyone’s favorite rooms, here are just a few of the leading trends to consider from the experts on Houzz:
Glass-front cabinets and open-air shelving have picked up some steam in 2014 (as seen above in the kitchen at Deseo at Sabino Canyon), but expect these features to really ramp up next year. The trend is becoming popular as much for function as it is for fashion. Arid shelving allow for an easier reach for items cooks may need while the display of personal goods can simultaneously make the space feel more lived-in and warm.
Go For the Bold
The kitchen is a focal point in the home and should be treated as such. Designers predict 2015 will be the time for some bold statements in the space including eye-catching wallpaper and elegant repetitive pattern motifs. And what about color? Look for tribal-inspired hues like rich red, royal blue and mustard too.
As the hub of the home, designers predict owners will want to make the kitchen feel even more like their own. Added craftsmanship will make kitchen pieces feel more like focal points, and furniture, than simply workstations. Swap the traditional built-in island for one that’s raised on legs or features the intricate paneling we are accustomed to seeing on pieces like armoires. Make it a piece to be proud of.
Ready to design your dream home? Follow the Maracay Design Studio on Houzz and bring your inspirations to your consultation to let the creativity begin.
- Move Now or Build To Suit? Which New Home Opportunity Is Right for You?
- Outdoor Living Designed to Match Your Personality.
- Why Choose a Move-In Ready Home?
- Personalizing Your New Home with Flex Spaces.
- Digital Home Shopping Tools.
- New Canopy Community Offers an Abundance of Outdoor Amenities.
- New vs. Resale. (Spoiler: It’s not even close)
- Canopy’s Essence Comes to Life with Sculptor Otto Rigan.
- Veterans Oasis Park, The Oasis in Your Backyard.
- Learn All About Arroyo Seco with Our New Home Advisor.