2014 Trend Watch: The New NeutralsPosted 01/03/2014
Last year was the year of the bold where bright hues chartreuse, Olympian Blue, Tangerine Tango and of course emerald green brought a pop of intensity to home décor around the globe. In 2014, its back to basics as neutrals accented by Pantone’s color of the year, Radiant Orchid, will be gracing walls and accessories in new and trending homes.
Experts at paint manufacturer Benjamin Moore are predicting that the “New Neutral” will be the color palette of choice for many. Rather than loud colors that demand attention, the neutral collection showcases pastels that refrain from being too cutesy and “Easter egg-like.” The whispers of color range from soft grays and blues to blush pinks and soft spring greens. The lighter pigments can better showcase your art and furniture as it acts as a canvas for contrasting showcase pieces.
As is tradition, Earthy neutral colors can set a tone for whatever room you are decorating. Gray has been proven perfect for invoking a modern feel, where beige creates a warm and inviting atmosphere. Light fixtures and furniture can also take part in the scheme with gray metal lightings or light wood panels on to complement the wall color.
Pantone’s Spring 2014 color trends also predict a quieter sort. Paloma Gray, Placid Blue and Cayenne are soft counterparts to hard gray and bright blues and pinks. The tints are perfect for incorporating into spring décor and will partner well with fresh spring flowers. However, the brand’s much sought-after color of the year, Radiant Orchid, plays the perfect supporting role for 2014. It is described as an “enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones.” The versatile tint combines both warm and cool tinges and will blend in with different hues across the spectrum, looking great as a wall paint or as a pop of color in accessories to accent the dominant neutral hues.
Whatever pallet you pick for your Arizona new home, we hope you enjoy making it your own. Here’s to another beautiful year!
- Things to do this spring in Phoenix and Tucson
- Introducing the year’s hottest interior trends: Desert Modern & Southwestern
- Living the Good Life at Rio Paseo in Goodyear
- In Your Neighborhood: Valentine’s Day Edition
- Living Like a Local at The Lakes at Annecy
- Live Like a Local in Chandler with Our Windermere Ranch New Home Advisors
- Maracay Celebrates Three Grand Openings to Kick Off 2019
- New Year, New Home: 3 Tips for Homebuyers
- Good Times by Design: Holiday Entertaining & Floor Plans at Avance
- Learning About Lakeview Trails at Morrison Ranch with New Home Advisor Katrina Harless